• What is the FAFSA?

    "FAFSA" is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This application will help determine if you are eligible for federally-funded financial assistance and can be obtained from your high school guidance office, Pierpont Financial Aid Office, or on-line at http://www.fafsa.edu.gov.

  • Do you need my FAFSA information?

    Yes. In order to receive any type of Financial Assistance from Pierpont - for grants, scholarships, or loans - we must have your FAFSA information on file.

  • How much does it cost to go to Pierpont Community & Technical College?

    In state tuition for 2011-2012 is $3,652. Out of state tuition for 2011-2012 is $8,664. (Based on full-time enrollment)

    In state tuition for 2012-2013 is $3,720. Out of state tuition for 2012-2013 is $8,832.(Based on full-time enrollment)

    Per-credit-hour cost is $372.

  • Do you offer scholarships?


    There are two sources for scholarships. Admissions Scholarships simply require that the admissions file be complete by December 15th to be considered. Foundation Scholarships require a completed scholarship application by February 1st to be considered. All scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted. More information about scholarships may by clicking here.

  • How much do textbooks cost?

    The average cost for textbooks for incoming freshmen for the academic year is $1,000.00.

  • Do I have to live on campus?

    Full time students who are younger than 21 who are attending at least one class at the Locust Avenue campus in Fairmont, are required to live on campus for four semesters unless they apply for and receive off-campus approval from the Office of Residence Life. For more information on exemptions click here.

  • What types of residence halls are available for Pierpont students?

    Because Pierpont shares a campus with our partner institution, Fairmont State, Pierpont students have access to a variety of on-campus housing options. We have three traditional co-ed residence halls - Prichard, Pence and Morrow Halls; Bryant Place, a beautifully modern, suite-styled residence hall first opened in 2004; and College Park Apartments.

  • How much does it cost to stay in a Residence Hall?

    For 2011-2012, rates for the various on-campus housing options range from $1,739 to $2,991 per semester.

  • Is there a deposit for the residence hall?

    Yes. Applicants for residence hall reservations must pay a deposit at the time the application is filed with Pierpont. Notice of cancellation of room reservations must be received by May 15th for the fall term and by December 15th for the spring term. A deposit is not required for the summer terms, however an application needs to be signed and a meal ticket purchased.

  • Do you accommodate students with disabilities?

    Yes. Our campus is handicapped accessible and the Office of Disability Services can make various arrangements for students who need special accommodations. The office may be reached by calling (304) 367-4686 or (304) 367-4906 TTY; (304) 367-4072 VP.

Pierpont Community & Technical College©
1201 Locust Avenue, Fairmont, WV 26554 Tel: 304-367-4907
Toll Free: 1-855-297-0999 TDD: 304-367-4200
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution   Please read The Fine Print
Emergency Response Guide/Campus Police
Title IX Information; Report Sexual Discrimination, Assault or Misconduct