WEIGHT ROOM POLICIES
1. A 30-minute time limit on cardiovascular machines must be observed when someone is waiting. The weight and fitness staff will determine when to enforce time limits.
2. Participants must be 16 years of age or older to use the weight and fitness rooms. Anyone who is under 16 years of age is not allowed in the weight and fitness rooms.
3. No food, tobacco of any kind, chewing gum, glass bottles or cans are allowed. If you wish to carry a beverage with you, it must be water in a plastic container with a lid/cap.
4. Profanity and excessively loud or suggestive language will not be tolerated.
5. All users are required to use a clean towel on the weight equipment and to wipe down cardiovascular equipment. (Covering the padded equipment with a towel helps prolong the life of the equipment and keeps everything clean for the next user.)
6. Patrons should use extreme caution in lifting weights to avoid potential injuries to themselves or others.
7. All equipment must remain in the area it was placed. Do not move equipment from one location to another.
8. All equipment must be used in the manner for which it was designed. Do not attempt to modify the equipment.
9. No outside personal training is permitted in the facility. Personal training can be arranged through the Falcon Center staff.
10. Do not attempt to use equipment if unfamiliar with the proper use. Please ask the fitness staff for assistance.
11. Appropriate exercise attire is required in the weight and fitness rooms. T-shirts, shorts, warm-up suits, sweat suits, aerobic attire and athletic shoes are acceptable attire when working out. Closed-toe athletic shoes are required. Sandals, open-toe shoes, hard-soled shoes, string tank tops, cut-off tank tops, mesh tank tops, jeans, street clothing and anything that compromises the safety and professionalism of the weight and
fitness rooms are prohibited. Ball caps or clothing with buckles or
chains are not permitted.
12. Personal belongings such as backpacks, wallets, etc., may not be placed anywhere in the fitness room. Daily lockers are located outside the locker rooms for your convenience. There are also lockers located in the locker rooms. 13. Please direct all questions, concerns and maintenance needs to a fitness staff person on duty.
FREE WEIGHT AREA
1. All weight training should be performed in a controlled, safe manner. Dropping, slamming or bouncing of weights is prohibited. Power lifting is prohibited.
2. Spotters are recommended for all lifters.
3. Dumbbell use is limited to one set of dumbbells at a time.
4. All free weights and dumbbells must be returned to appropriate racks when finished.
5. The use of chalk is prohibited.
6. Weight collars (plate restraining devices) are required for the free weight area.
7. All free weight equipment must be kept in the free weight area.
8. Weights and bars of any kind should not lean up against the walls, pillars, equipment or mirrors.