Office of Financial Aid
303 Turley Student Services Center
1201 Locust Avenue
Fairmont, WV 26554
Tel: (800) 641-5678, Opt. 2
Fax: (304) 367-4789
Mon - Thur 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
School Code: 040385
NEW AND EXCITING NET PRICE CALULATOR
Pierpont Community & Technical College is pleased to provide this student aid calculator to assist you in estimating your costs to attend Pierpont. Results are based on 2012-13 Cost of Attendance figures and student aid eligibility requirements which are subject to change. These results should assist you in determining an estimate of your out-of-pocket expense to attend Pierpont.
Student Employment is now online!
Students may apply online for positions available campus-wide. Student hiring managers from various areas on campus post their vacant positions, interview and select employees. The goal is to make the hiring process as seamless as possible while creating a student work experience similar to the "real world." We encourage you to visit the website regularly to check for new job postings.
How to Apply for Student Employment
1. On our homepage, select “Job Openings”
2. Click “Search Postings” on left-hand menu.
3. For Type of Position select “student employment.”
4. Click “search.”
5. Click “view” under position.
6. To apply to the position, click “apply to posting.”
7. Complete application process.
JOB ALERT INFORMATION:
Some areas will require a large number of student hires frequently throughout the year. These areas include, but are not limited to, the Falcon Center and residence halls. If you apply but are not hired for a particular position in one of these areas, please do not let this discourage you from applying for the same position if it is posted at a later date.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORK PROGRAMS - We have two sources of funding for student employment; Federal College Work Study, which is a need based program and Auxiliary, which is a non-need based program.
FEDERAL COLLEGE WORK STUDY
1. Federal College Work Study (FCWS) is a program in which funds are awarded to students based on their eligibility derived from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
2. Work study earnings are not applied to tuition or other institutional charges.
3. Students may be limited to 15 - 20 hours of work per week. The wage rate varies.
4. If offered, employment should be accepted only if you feel comfortable with an additional responsibility beyond your class schedule.
5. Job locations are varied and include almost every segment of the institution: administrative and academic departmental offices, laboratories, athletics, library, residence halls, recreation center and safety and security.
1. The Auxiliary program is funded directly by the institution.
2. Auxiliary earnings are not applied to tuition or other institutional charges.
3. Students are limited to 20 hours of work per week. The wage rate varies.
4. Job locations are varied and include almost every segment of the institution: administrative and academic departmental offices, laboratories, residence halls, recreation center and safety and security.