- Health Information Technology
- Laboratory Assistant Program and Phlebotomy
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Care Program
- Veterinary Technology
If you are interested in entering a very dynamic career and are willing to work with sick, as well as healthy animals, then you should seriously consider the Veterinary Technology Program at Pierpont Community and Technical College. The program has a structured course of study consisting of 5 consecutive semesters. Any individual withdrawing from the program must reapply in order to be considered for readmission. If you have applied in previous years and were not admitted, you must reapply. Applications are not carried over.
Students interested in the Veterinary Technology Program must apply to the program. This is a competitive enrollment program. Approximately 20-25% of applicants are accepted.
Minimum qualifications include:
* 2.0 grade point average from the institution currently or most previously enrolled
* Completion of High School Algebra and Chemistry or College equivalent
* A minimum ACT Math score of 19 or COMPASS Algebra score of 36 or have completed Math 0095
* A minimum ACT English score of 18 or COMPASS English score of 71 or have completed English 0097
* Must have at least 20 documented hours of practical experience in a veterinary hospital prior to deadline date
1. Submit certified high school transcript or G.E.D.equivalent
2. Send in official ACT/SAT test scores
3. If transferring from another college, submit an official college transcript - applicants must have a 2.0 GPA to be considered.
4. Documentation of veterinary experience
5. Submit the above information to : Enrollment Center, Pierpont Community & Technical College, 1201 Locust Ave, Fairmont WV 26554.