Office of Residence Life
Mr. Daniel Gockley, Director
Location: 248 Hardway Hall
Phone: (304) 367-4216
FAX: (304) 367-4789
248 Hardway Hall
1201 Locust Avenue
Fairmont, WV 26554
Traditionally aged students, attending at least one class on the main campus, are required to live on campus for 4 semesters, unless they apply for and receive off-campus approval from the Office of Residence Life.
Grounds for applying for exemption status include:
• You are legally married and are living with your partner. Include a copy of your marriage license.
• You are a single parent. Include a copy of your child's birth certificate.
• You have documented medical circumstances that cannot be accommodated on campus. Include a letter from your physician on office letterhead.
• You are a commuter student who lives within a driving distance of 50-miles of the Fairmont campus, and are living in the home of a parent or legal guardian. Included a letter from parent or guardian with a full permanent address.
• You are twenty-one years of age or older. Include a copy of driver's license or birth certificate to verify age.
How to apply for exemption
If one of these categories applies to you, and you would like to apply for exemption status, please follow the exemption application steps outlined below!
To apply for exemption:
If you have questions or you have a special circumstance not outlined above , please call the Residence Life office at (304) 367-4216, or visit our office located in 248 Hardway Hall.