Non-degree seeking admission is intended for students registering for occasional college courses with no degree objective. Non-degree seeking students may include transient students, high school students, high school or GED graduates wishing to take classes but not interested in attaining a degree, and students without high school or GED credentials.

Transient Students

A.  Submit:

  1. Application for Admission
  2. College transcripts showing pre-requisite courses may be required to take some courses.
  3. After completion of 12 credit hours, transient students wishing to seek a degree must submit an application for admission as a degree seeking student.

High School Students (not financial aid eligible)

A.  Submit:

  1. Application for admission
  2. High school transcript
  3. Written permission from high school principal or counselor
  4. Written parental permission

Outstanding high school students may be admitted as non-degree seeking students only, either in the summer following completion of the junior year in high school or during the senior year in high school. In addition, students must have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average. No more than 15 hours may be earned before admission as a regular student. Students must pay regular college fees as defined by the West Virginia Community and Technical College System (WVCTCS). High School students may not receive Financial Aid until the fall semester following graduation.

Other Non-Degree Seeking Students

A.  Submit:

  1. Application for admission
  2. High school transcript or GED if applicable