According to WVCTCS Series 17, Policy regarding the “Transferability of Credits and Grades at West Virginia Public Colleges and Universities”, students who transfer from one state college or university to another may transfer core coursework that will count toward fulfillment of general studies requirements at the receiving institutions. Under the terms of the agreement, a student may transfer up to thirty-five credit hours of undergraduate coursework in the areas of English composition, communications and literature, fine arts appreciation, mathematics, natural science, and social science as general studies credits. Copies of the current agreement are available in the Student Services Center.

Students who are currently on suspension from another institution may enroll at Pierpont. Pierpont cannot guarantee the home institution will accept credits earned while the student is on suspension.