This course offers a process-oriented practice in drafting, revising, and editing texts. Students learn the principles of expository writing, thesis formulation, organization, paragraph development, audience analysis, appropriate diction, and sentence structure. The course also includes an introduction to reading for content in texts selected from across the disciplines.
- 18 or higher on the English portion of ACT
- 450 or higher on Critical Reading of SAT
- A scaled score of 38 or higher on Writing Skills Set of ASSET
- 88 or higher on Sentence Skills of ACCUPLACER
- A grade of “C” or better in ENGL 1104 is a graduation requirement for all degrees.
- ENGL 1104 is a prerequisite for enrollment in all other ENGL courses.
NOTICE TO STUDENTS
Any student who falls below the listed prerequisite will be required to take a four(4)-credit hour course.