This course provides review and preparation for Microsoft Office Application Specialist (Office 2010) exams. The exams include: Word2010, Excel 2010, Access 2010, PowerPoint 2010, Outlook 2010, and SharePoint 2010. Course content will include concept review for the exam being attempted, test-taking guidance and tips, and simulated exam preparation. Students are expected to possess skills in the Microsoft Office applications for which they are preparing; this class does not teach the principles of the software.
- One-hour credit will be awarded for preparation and attempt of one exam.
- A maximum of three hours of credit may be awarded in a semester.
- Each one hour of credit will require students to attend 15 hours of class time. Grading will be credit/no credit.
- Students are required to attempt the exam to receive credit.
- Exams may be attempted at the Fairmont State Center for Workforce Education or any approved testing center.
- Certification may provide articulated credit for OFAD 2232, 2233, or INFO 2220.