The Mission of Pierpont Community & Technical College is to provide assessible, responsive, education that works.
Our Vision: Empowering individuals to transform their lives through education.
Pierpont is Education that Works!
To fulfill our mission, Pierpont Community & Technical College will:
- Provide a comprehensive selection of career/technical educational opportunities at the certificate and associate degree levels developed through interaction with employers, employees, and college personnel
- Offer transfer education opportunities enabling students to acquire an affordable general education background before matriculating to the college or university of choice
- Provide opportunities for seamless transition from certificates to associate and baccalaureate degrees
- Make available developmental educational opportunities to students who need assistance in improving academic skills to be successful in higher education
- Develop and deliver continuing and community educational opportunities throughout North Central West Virginia such as lifelong learning opportunities, occupational recertification programs, and higher education opportunities for students enrolled in secondary schools
- Provide workforce training and economic development activities for the citizens of north-central West Virginia based on needs of the community and region
- Focus on development of cognitive, affective, and psychomotor skills to foster individual growth, career development, responsible citizenship, and commitment to lifelong learning
The College concentrates its energies and resources on its students, many of whom are the first generation of their families to attend college, adults returning to college or enrolling in higher education for the first time, and transfer students. The College, therefore, offers its diverse student body a wide range of programs, flexible scheduling, and support services, all designed to foster success. To strengthen intellectual development, all students pursuing a degree at Pierpont Community & Technical College are engaged in a general education program, a body of coursework designed to expand their knowledge of civilization, society, scientific inquiry, and artistic expression while preparing them to think about interrelationships among disciplines and prepare for a lifetime of learning.
The College is committed to student learning and focuses its resources on programs that prepare students for careers and advanced education in West Virginia and beyond. Pierpont Community & Technical College provides a broad spectrum of degree options in business and offers programs with specialized accreditation in engineering technology and health careers.
Pierpont Community & Technical College is closely identified with its communities. Partnerships with business and industry, public schools, government agencies, and other organizations contribute to economic development; the College fosters enlightened and productive citizenship in its immediate location, the region, and the world.