Pierpont Community & Technical College and Marion County Adult and Community Education are offering support services for the learning needs of all students. Our purpose is to assist students in finding solutions now to build skills for success. Students need strong basic skills and an ability to adapt to change.
Through the Adult Learning Center, students can receive support services in the following areas:
- Enhance skills in mathematics, oral and written communication, and reading to assist with WorkKeys Skills.
- Study for Civil Service Test Preparation and ACT Test Preparation.
- Study to pass the GED (high school equivalency diploma.)
- Gain skills to meet entrance requirements for vocational and other higher educational placement programs.
- Obtain computer skills needed in today’s information society.
- Complete career interest inventories and learning style inventories.
- Learn English as a second language.
- Testing for student grade levels in math, reading, and language.
The West Virginia Department of Education recognizes that today’s workplace presents numerous opportunities and challenges for adults in West Virginia. It is our aim to effectively serve the foundational learning needs of diverse groups and provide a learning system that is flexible and responsive to individual needs.