The Board of Governors Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) Degree offers busy adults an opportunity to complete a two year college degree with a technical or occupational focus. It is a flexible degree plan that can help adults achieve their educational goals and save students both dollars and hours by awarding college credit for documented work and life-learning experiences. The educational plan can be individualized and the pace of completion set by the student. There is no special fee for enrollment in this program but a special application form is required. Students will work closely with the Program Coordinator in planning and completing this special degree program.
- This program is available to students who have graduated from high school two or more years prior to enrollment. For those students who earned their GED certificate, it must be two years from the date their class would have graduated.
- To fulfill residency requirements a minimum of 12 credit hours must be completed from a regionally accredited higher educational institution.
- A minimum of 15 credit hours are required for an Area of Emphasis (optional). For more information on approved areas of emphasis, contact the Coordinator.
- Students desiring to submit portfolio(s) for credit evaluation must meet with the Program Coordinator for direction and must be enrolled in the program. A $300.00 portfolio fee and $10.00 per credit hour acceptance fee is charged for each portfolio submitted and credit granted after evaluation.
- Students seeking college credit for certifications/licenses/ training approved by the State Board of Governors Degree Program must meet with the Program Coordinator and provide official copies of certifications/licenses/training.
- The BOG degree will articulate with the WV Regents Bachelor of Arts Degree.
See complete list of requirements for this degree in the College catalog section under “Programs of Study.”