WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Outstanding high school students who have met the following criteria are eligible:
- Designated high school junior or senior
- Earned a 2.0 cumulative grade point average*
- Obtain written recommendation from high school principal
- Meet the prerequisites for the courses as outlined in the college catalog
- Complete an Early Admission Program registration form\
*The Aviation Program requires students to have a 2.75 GPA.
HOW DO I ENROLL?
A representative from Pierpont Community & Technical College visit most high schools and register students for the Dual Credit Program. See your guidance counselor for more information regarding Dual Credit.
WILL EVENING COLLEGE COURSES TRANSFER TO OTHER COLLEGES?
Great news! Evening College courses will transfer to other West Virginia colleges/universities. If you plan to attend a private or out-of-state college or university, you will need to contact them regarding transfer credits.
Speak with your guidance counselor to determine if taking college courses is an appropriate option for you. Obtain an Dual Credit application from your guidance counselor or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 304-367-4907.