Pierpont’s Center for Workforce Education plans and delivers customized training for businesses and organizations in Pierpont’s 13 county service area ensuring employees have the knowledge and skills to perform the necessary tasks to ensure accurate work, ultimately leading to increased employee retention and morale. Customized training is designed to meet the needs of each company and the employee. Training can be conducted on a company site, at a Pierpont campus, or any location deemed appropriate and/or necessary for training delivery. Courses listed in this catalog can also be adjusted to meet company or business needs.
Benefits/services offered to businesses:
Pierpont’s Center for Workforce Education provides:
- customized workforce training that meets the need of an individual company and/or the overall sector
- access to WV Community and Technical College (WVCTC) system funding to develop training**
- Learn and Earn opportunities for students and companies. Learn and Earn is an apprenticeship style training where the college and the company partner to apply for a WVCTC system grant.** Currently, this is a 50% wage reimbursement for relevant on the job training.
- training can be completed at the college’s campus(es) or onsite (company’s property).
- opportunities for pre-employment, skill upgrades, certifications, and other job-related training
- a modern, highly skilled workforce that enhances work quality and efficiency that can lead to increased employee retention and morale
- continuing education delivered in multiple formats
- access to student financial aid
** See WVCTC System workforce grants for more details
*Financial aid is available for some Center for Workforce Education courses and training. Please, check the specfic course page to see if your class qualifies.
Please contact Pierpont’s Financial Aid office for more details.
Center for Workforce Education
(Main Line) (304) 367-4920
Travis Miller (Director of the Advanced Technology Center)
Beth Thompson (Director of Workforce Education)
Aaron St. Clair (FANUC Coordinator)
Do you have a desire to teach? Do you have a skill or knowledge related to corporate training? If you answered yes, please contact the Center for Workforce Education