Calendars Address Updates Residency Information
Academic Major Changes Dropping a Class Academic Forgiveness
Registration Information Withdraw from the Term Schedule Planner
Transcripts Registrar's Appeals Articulation of Credit Form



Student Disclosure and Release of Information
FERPA limits release of student record information without the student's explicit written consent.  To permit access to personally identifiable records, students need to complete the 'FERPA Release Form.'  This form remains in effect until the student notifies the Office of the Registrar otherwise.
Click HERE for the form.


Academic/Registrar Calendar

Academic Major Changes

Students may submit their academic major change form in the Student Services Center located at the Advanced Technology Center.

Students may change their majors, add a major, or add a concentration throughout the add/drop period of each term. All changes must be signed by the program to which the student is entering.

Students who are eligible to change their major after the deadline will have the change processed for the following term.

Major Change Form

Registration Information

In order to register for classes, you must be admitted to Pierpont. Students who do not attend after they have been admitted, or sit out a semester, must reapply through the Admissions Office in order to become active students.

As an active student, you must contact your academic advisor to discuss class selections and receive your term PIN. Without this PIN you cannot schedule your classes. Please refer to the Registrar’s Calendar for registration dates for each term.

Registration Guide

Transcript Requests

A transcript is a complete academic record. This includes all courses attempted and completed at Pierpont Community & Technical College and all other applicable transfer credits.  Please note the following:
  • Pierpont is unable to provide unofficial or partial transcripts.  
  • Pierpont will not provide previous and/or current students with copies of another institution’s transcript that we may have in our possession.
  • All financial and admission credential obligations to Pierpont must be met before transcripts can be released. 
  • The cost of each transcript is $7.00.
  • All transcripts are processed electronically via the National Student Clearinghouse and are available as a secure PDF document.
Transcript Request:  Current Students
  • Log-in to 'ROAR'
  • Select the 'Student' tab
  • Select 'Student Records'
  • Select 'Transcript and Enrollment Verification Request'
  • Select 'Obtain a Transcript'
  • Complete the request process
  • All transcripts are processed electronically via the National Student Clearinghouse and are available as a secure PDF document.
Transcript Request:  Previous Students
  • Select Transcript Request Form
  • Complete the request process
  • Please note that the transcript request is processed through the National Student Clearinghouse.

Address Updates

It is very important to keep your address updated as important information and difference checks are mailed to your permanent address on file. You may change your address in the Student Services Center at the ATC, or by printing the Change of Name and/or Address Form and submitting it to the Office of Student Services via email to, or by fax to 304-908-5228. You may also mail the form to:

Pierpont C&TC
ATTN: Pierpont Office of Student Services
500 Galliher Drive
Fairmont, WV 26554

Change of Address Form

If you have questions or need additional assistance, please contact the Pierpont Office of Student Services at 855-297-0999.



If you have a financial hold on your account, you will not be able to drop a class. Please visit the Registrar’s Office at teh Advanced Technology Center for assistance.

You are responsible for your schedule. Every time you add or drop a class, review your schedule on-line and make sure you are registered only for the classes you want to be registered for.

If you have any problems dropping a class or withdrawing for the term, come to Student Services right away. Do not wait.

If you do not attend a course, you are responsible for dropping that course. You WILL NOT BE AUTOMATICALLY DROPPED FROM THE COURSE.

Registrar's Appeals

A Registrar's Appeal Form can be submitted by students who wish to appeal registration issues which may include add/drop dates, withdrawing, etc. Students should submit completed appeals to Student Services at the ATC. The form should include any additional documentation such as e-mails or letters that may help us to evaluate the situation.

Registrar's Appeal Form

This form may not be used to submit a Grade Appeal. All Grade Appeals must be sent to

Residency Information


Students enrolling in a West Virginia public institution of higher education shall be classified as resident or nonresident for admission, tuition and fee purposes by the institutional officer designated by the President. The decision shall be based upon information furnished by the student and all other relevant information. The designated officer is authorized to require such written documents, affidavits, verifications, or other evidence as are deemed necessary to establish the domicile of a student. The burden of establishing residency for tuition and fee purposes is upon the student.

If there is a question as to residence, the matter must be brought to the attention of the designated officer and acted upon at least two weeks prior to registration and payment of tuition and fees. Students found to have made false or misleading statements concerning their residence shall be subject to disciplinary action and will be charged the nonresident fees for each session therefore attended.

Students requesting residency reclassification must submit the application complete with 2 personal statements and all documentation to the Registrar.

Residency Application Form

Residence Determined by Domicile

Domicile within the State means adoption of the State as a fixed permanent home and involves personal presence within the State with no intent on the part of the person to return to another state or country. West Virginia domicile may be established upon the completion of at least 12 months of continued residence within the State prior to the date of registration, provided that such residence is not primarily for the purpose of attendance at any institution of learning in West Virginia.

Establishment of West Virginia domicile with less than 12 months’ residence prior to the date of registration must be supported by proof of positive and unequivocal action, including but not limited to the purchase of a West Virginia home, full-time employment within the state, paying West Virginia property tax, filing West Virginia income tax returns, registering to vote in West Virginia and the actual exercise of such right, registering of motor vehicles in West Virginia, and/or possessing a valid West Virginia driver’s license. Additional items of lesser importance include transferring or establishing local church membership, involvement in local community activities, affiliation with local social, civic, fraternal or service organizations, and various other acts which may give evidence of intent to remain indefinitely within the State. Proof of a number of these actions shall be considered only as evidence which may be used in determining whether or not a domicile has been established.


Minors are defined by the West Virginia Code ß2-2-10 as persons under 18 years of age. The residence of minors shall follow that of the parents at all times, except in extremely rare cases where emancipation can be proved beyond question. The residence of the father, or the residence of the mother if the father is deceased, is the residence of unmarried and unemancipated minors. If the father and the mother have separate places of residence, minors take the residence of the parent with whom they live or to whom they have been assigned by court order. The parents of minors will be considered residents of West Virginia if their domicile is within the State.

Minor students who are properly admitted to an institution as resident students shall retain that classification as long as they enroll each successive semester.

Emancipated Minors

Emancipated minors may be considered as adults in determining residence, provided satisfactory evidence is presented that neither of their parents, if living, contributes to their support nor claims them as dependents for federal or State income tax purposes. Emancipated minors assume all of the responsibilities of adults to establish residence for tuition and fee purposes. Proof must be provided that emancipation was not achieved principally for the purpose of establishing residence for attendance at an institution of higher education.

Students Eighteen Years of Age or Over

Students 18 years of age or over may be classified as residents if (1) the parents were domiciled in the State at the time the students reached majority and such students have not acquired a domicile in another state, or (2) while adults, students have established a bona fide domicile in the State of West Virginia. Bona fide domicile in West Virginia means that students must not be in the State primarily to attend an educational institution and they must be in the State for purposes other than to attempt to qualify for resident status.

Nonresident students who reach the age of 18 years while students at any educational institution in West Virginia do not by virtue of such fact alone attain residence in this state for admission or tuition and fee payment purposes.

Students who are properly classified as residents at the time they reach the age of 18 shall continue to be classified as residents as long as they enroll each successive semester and do not establish a domicile, or legal residence, in another state.

Adult students who have been classified as out-of-state residents and who seek resident status in West Virginia must prove conclusively that they have established domicile in West Virginia with the intention of making their permanent home in this state. The intent to remain indefinitely in West Virginia is evidenced not only by persons’ statements but also by their actions. The designated institutional officer shall consider actions including but not limited to those described above in Section Two, “Residence Determined by Domicile.” Proof of a number of these actions shall be considered only as evidence which may be used in determining whether or not a domicile has been established. Factors militating against a change in residence classification may include such considerations as the fact that students are not self-supporting, that they are carried as dependents on their parents’ federal or state income tax returns or their parents’ health insurance policy, or that they customarily do not remain in the State when school is not in session.


Individuals who are on active military duty or employees of the federal government may be classified as residents for the purpose of payment of tuition and fees, provided that they established a domicile in West Virginia prior to entrance into federal service, entered the federal service from West Virginia, and have at no time while in federal service claimed or established a domicile in another state. Sworn statements attesting to these conditions may be required. The spouse and dependent children of such individuals shall also be classified as residents of the State of West Virginia for tuition and fee purposes. Persons assigned to full-time active military service and residing in West Virginia may be classified as instate residents for tuition and fee purposes.

Academic Forgiveness Policy

Academic Forgiveness Form

Only the students applying for readmission after the effective date of this policy will be eligible for forgiveness under this policy.

The Academic Forgiveness Policy does not alter, change or amend any other existing policies at Pierpont and is formulated to be consistent with WV Title 135 Procedural Rule, Series 22 Sections 4 and 5 of the West Virginia Council for Community & Technical College Education and supersedes all previous policies.

Academic forgiveness is intended for the student returning to college with a grade point deficiency and for the purpose of calculating a grade point average for graduation only.  Students seeking Academic Forgiveness must meet with an Administrative Officer and complete an Academic Forgiveness Request form. The form will be submitted to the Registrar. Contact the Pierpont Office of Student Services or Office of the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs for additional information.

A student may be eligible for academic forgiveness under the following conditions:

  • The student has not been enrolled at any college on a full-time (12 credit hrs or more) or a part-time basis at any higher education institution for a period of four (4) consecutive years immediately preceding admission into Pierpont and has applied to and been admitted into Pierpont on probation
  • The student must meet all institutional degree requirements for the student's program of study
  • The policy covers only students who have not been awarded their first academic degree
  • Students much schedule and attend a meeting with an appropriate Administrative Officer to discuss grade exclusion prior to submitting an Academic Forgiveness Request Form
  • The Administrative Officer will deliver the Academic Forgiveness Request Form to the Registrar
  • Only D and F/FIW grades received prior to the four-year non-enrollment period may be disregarded for GPA calculation for graduation purposes only. (After Fall 2015 students may also consider the exclusion of F/FIW grades only)
  • The Academic Forgiveness policy includes the examination of letter grades transferred in from other institutions that are on the official Pierpont transcript
  • Once grades have been excluded from the GPA calculation, if D grades are excluded it is with the understanding that courses for which the D grades were earned cannot be used to satisfy any requirements for graduation and no credit will transfer over
  • When and if all prerequisite conditions have been met, academic forgiveness will be applied upon the successful completion of at least twelve credit hours of courses numbered 1000 or above with a minimum GPA of 2.0, earned at Pierpont Community & Technical College.
  • When forgiveness is granted, grades of D, F and FIW earned prior to the aforementioned five-year period are excluded from the computation of the grade point average. However, no failing grade will be removed from the permanent record. The academic forgiveness policy may be applied after a student has earned 12 credit hours that apply toward graduation, with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
  • The Registrar will officially calculate the student GPA disregarding D, F/FIW grades earned before the  return to college, however grades shall not be deleted from the student transcript. No grade will be permanently removed from the student transcript.
  • Only currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for Academic Forgiveness.
  • Academic Forgiveness can only be granted once for any student.

This policy pertains only to the GPA calculation for graduation and does not pertain to GPA necessary for special academic recognition, graduation with honors, financial aid standards of progression, or admission requirements for certain programs of study.

Academic Forgiveness is institution specific. There is no guarantee that academic forgiveness granted by Pierpont will be honored by FSU or other institutions, and Pierpont is not bound by the decision of any other institution to disregard grades earned in college courses.

The Board of Governors AAS Degree Program is governed by a different forgiveness policy.