This page will contain information pertaining to several graduation dates. Please check this site often as changes will be reflected here.
Deadlines to Apply for Graduation
- Graduation Date..........Application Deadline
- May 13, 2016..............May 1, 2016
- August 2016...............August 1, 2016
- December 2015..........December 1, 2015 (December diplomas will be mailed after January 25, 2016)
To apply for graduation, come to 248 Hardway Building and complete a graduation application, and make an appointment for your official degree audit at least a semester in advance of graduation. If you don't complete course requirements in the semester you have applied to graduate, you must come in and fill out a new graduation application.
Commencement for students graduating from August 2015 - May 2016 will be held at 6:30 pm, on Friday May 13, 2016 at the Locust Avenue Feaster Center. Please attend graduation rehearsal earlier in the day, and arrive by 6:00 pm for lineup.
Currently there are no fees associated with graduation.
Degree Audit Appointments
It is important to apply early or by the deadlines for graduation and to complete your degree audit appointment to make sure that you are ready to graduate. PLEASE NOTE THAT APPOINTMENT TIMES ARE LIMITED AND FILL UP QUICKLY.
To schedule an appointment call 304-367-4142 and ask for Stephanie or stop by the 3rd floor of Turley Student Services Center. Check your student email account for degree audit update information.
- Degree Audit Appointments for May 2016...........................................................September 1, 2015 - November 19, 2015
- Degree Audit Appointments for August/December 2016......................................January 26, 2016 - April 21, 2016 and July 5, 2016 - August 4, 2016
Commencement packets will be mailed to students who have applied for May 2016 graduation as well as to those students who graduated in August and December 2015, the week of February 1, 2016. Students who apply for graduation after this date will receive their packets at the time they apply for graduation.
- Commencement Date: May 1, 2016 at 6:30pm in the Locust Avenue Feaster Center
- Mandatory Rehearsal date and time TBA
- Cap and gown must be ordered from the website by the deadline of midnight on the date TBA (Spring 2016)
- Caps and gowns will be available in the Locust Avenue Bookstore (Falcon Center) about a week before commencement, you will receive an email to your student account when they are available.
- In order to participate in Commencement, your Reader's Card must be returned by the deadline date (Place and time to be announced in Spring 2016)
- Commencement is semi-formal, gowns are black, shoes and slacks should be dark as well.
- May 2016 diplomas will be mailed to May 2016 graduates the week of June 27, 2016
- Information and "Order your Cap and Gown here" link below, will be updated as the dates are finalized for 2016.