Pierpont proudly offers the transformative opportunity of college classes for middle school and high school students. As the community college serving North Central West Virginia, we support the public and private secondary schools in our thirteen-county service region, WV Virtual Academy, and home school families in WV and out-of-state.
At Pierpont, dual enrollment students can choose a pathway that organizes their courses into meaningful skill sets and career focused programming.
Pierpont College Academy’s premier program—One Walk, Two Degrees—supports students in earning a complete associate degree while in high school. This program maximizes career focused electives creating pathways to careers and industries that are in high-demand, such as nursing, aviation maintenance, sign language interpretation, and paralegal studies.
Dr. Joni Gray
courses can be online/in-person with Pierpont Faculty or in-person at your home high school.
All online classes are asynchronous.
Pierpont’s College Academy is offered throughout much of Pierpont’s 13-county service region and bordering Pennsylvania counties.
The US Department of Education (2022) describes dual enrollment as a program strategy they are “committed to strengthening and expanding” and they have identified it as “one of four core student-centered pillars” in their career pathways initiative.
Pierpont’s dual credit programs offer students an affordable option to get a jump start on furthering their educations.
- $25/Credit Hour
- SAVE on the same high-end, quality education!
Projected cost to complete
Associate’s Degree with
Pierpont College Academy
Pierpont College Academy Pathways
Pierpont College Academy allows high school students to customize programming, build credentials and even earn the complete One Walk, Two Degrees associate degree.
Choose your pathway:
- High school students and approved middle school students are guaranteed admission to dual enrollment courses, programs and pathways.
- Pierpont does not restrict participation based on GPA requirements, high school grade level, or in-state residency.
- Students will reapply for admission every academic year. An academic year runs from fall and winter terms through spring and summer terms.
- Apply to Pierpont by selecting “dual enrollment high school student” as your program and identifying the term you wish to begin taking classes.
- Connect with our dual enrollment office and/or your high school counseling team.
- Complete a registration form for the courses you are interested in taking.
- Return the signed registration form to: email@example.com
Applicants: consider completing a FERPA consent form. This form grants your parents/guardians permission to access your student account and records.