JEANNE CLERY DISCLOSURE OF CAMPUS CRIME STATISTICS ACT
The Clery Act requires institutions of higher learning to prepare, publish, and distribute a report concerning campus crime statistics and security policies on an annual basis. This report complies with the provisions as codified in 1.) United States Code, Title 20, Section 1092 (f) and amended in 1992 and 1998 as part of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
Copies of the report may be obtained, in person, from the Department of Campus Safety and Security, 500 Galliher Drive, Fairmont, WV 26554.
The statistics include reported statistics from the following sources:
- Pierpont Department of Campus Safety and Security
- Fairmont State University Department of Public Safety
- Reports from local, and state police agencies
- Institutional officials with responsibility for campus and student activities (Vice Presidents, Deans, Directors, and Department Heads.)
- 2018 – 2020 Crime Statistics
- 2018 – 2020 Hate Crime Statistics
Shared Campus with Fairmont State University
In fiscal year 2020, Pierpont Community & Technical College continued to share the main campus on Locust Avenue with Fairmont State University which includes campus housing.
- Sex offenses (forcible or non-forcible)
- Aggravated assault
- Motor vehicle theft
- Hate crimes
- Arrest of persons required for campus disciplinary action for liquor law violations, drug-related violations, and weapons possession.
- Regarding Monitoring and recording through local police agencies of criminal activity at off-campus sites.
- Regarding possession and use and sale of alcoholic beverages and enforcement of State underage drinking laws.
- Regarding possession, use, and sale of illegal drugs and enforcement of Federal and State drug laws.
- Indicating where law enforcement agency information concerning registered sex offenders may be obtained. West Virginia sex offender information is available at the West Virginia State Police Sex Offender Registry online.