When it comes to studying, we all need an extra push sometimes to get us motivated. Fortunately, Pierpont offers tutoring to all full-time and part-time students. And the best part? It’s free!
Each semester, peer tutoring is available for most general required courses and for a variety of other courses. Students with documented disabilities may be eligible for additional support services. We encourage students to request tutoring for extra academic support — especially if they are in danger of failing a class.
Pierpont offers in-person tutoring with both peers and professionals. Students can take advantage of in-person tutoring at the Advanced Technology Center.
Students may visit room 117 at the Advanced Technology Center at anytime during the below hours for math and writing tutoring.
Monday: 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Tuesday: 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 10:30 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
Pierpont offers online tutoring through both Microsoft Teams and Blackboard/Tutor.com. Chat with a tutor on a variety of subjects to get the help you need online.
Code of Ethics
…from Put the Pencil Down by Marcia Toms
- Philosophy: Tutors will act in the best interest of their students.
- Responsibility: Tutors will take responsibility for their own behavior.
- Integrity: Tutors will follow the Academic Integrity and Academic Dishonesty Policies for our institutions.
- Respect: Tutors will respect individual differences and will respect cultural, individual, and role differences.
- Excellence: Tutors will strive for excellence by continuing to improve their skills.
- Professionalism: Tutors will remember that they are role models and will conduct themselves in an appropriate manner.