Address Updates

It is particularly important to keep your address updated as vital information and difference checks are mailed to your permanent address on file. You may change your address in the Student Services Center at the ATC, or by printing the Change of Name and/or Address Form and submitting it to the Office of Student Services via email to, or by fax to 304-908-5228. You may also mail the form to:

Pierpont C&TC
ATTN: Pierpont Office of Student Services
500 Galliher Drive
Fairmont, WV 26554

Residency Information


Students enrolling in a West Virginia public institution of higher education shall be classified as resident or nonresident for admission, tuition and fee purposes by the institutional officer designated by the President. The decision shall be based upon information furnished by the student and all other relevant information. The designated officer is authorized to require such written documents, affidavits, verifications, or other evidence as are deemed necessary to establish the domicile of a student. The burden of establishing residency for tuition and fee purposes is upon the student.

If there is a question as to residence, the matter must be brought to the attention of the designated officer and acted upon at least two weeks prior to registration and payment of tuition and fees. Students found to have made false or misleading statements concerning their residence shall be subject to disciplinary action and will be charged the nonresident fees for each session therefore attended.

Students requesting residency reclassification must submit the application complete with 2 personal statements and all documentation to the Registrar.