Pierpont’s mission includes preparing students for transfer to other institutions of higher education. The Office of Academic Affairs coordinates partnerships with other institutions of higher education and partners with the public school system to transition high school and career and technical education (CTE) students to Pierpont.

Higher Education

Core Coursework Transfer

While earning an associates degree at Pierpont, there are many resources available for a successful transfer to a four-year institution. Pierpont participates in the West Virginia Core Coursework Transfer Articulation agreement which maps out courses from Pierpont that transfer to four-year institutions in West Virginia.

Articulations with Other Four-year Institutions

Institutions of higher education with which the College has established general and or program- or discipline-specific articulation agreements include:

  • Fairmont State University (WV)
  • Glenville State University (WV) 
  • Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI)
  • Saint Joseph’s College (ME)
  • Southern Illinois University (IL) 
  • St. Francis University (PA)
  • StraighterLine (online)
  • SUNY Polytechnic Institute (NY)
  • University of Cincinnati (OH)
  • West Liberty University (WV)
  • West Virginia University (WV)
  • Western Governors University
  • WVU-Parkersburg (WV)

For more information on the articulation agreements can be found in the Pierpont Catalog.

Note: Prospective and current students are encouraged to collaborate with the academic dean or the Office of Academic Affairs to develop a transfer pathway from Pierpont to another institution.

Secondary and Post-secondary Education

Other Articulation Agreements

  • County Boards of Education (WV); dual enrollment
  • Career Technical Education (CTE) Centers (WV); dual enrollment
  • YouthBuild
  • Mountaineer Challenge Academy

The Office of Academic Affairs actively seeks out articulation agreements with other institutions of higher education to facilitate students’ transition to baccalaureate and or graduate coursework.