This page will contain information pertaining to several graduation dates. Please check this site
often as changes will be reflected here.
Applying for Graduation
All students planning to graduate must apply for graduation. If you are planning to graduate with multiple degrees or certificates, you must apply for each individually. Graduation applications may be completed online through ROAR. If you are denied a degree for the term in which you have applied, you must reapply for the term in which you will have completed your required coursework.
Please note that students who apply past the deadline cannot be guaranteed that their name will be printed in the program.
If you have additional questions regarding graduation applications, contact Student Services located in Hardway Hall 248.
Graduation Date................................Application Deadline
Fall 2020...........................................September 1, 2020
Spring 2021......................................September 1, 2020
Summer 2021.................................March 1, 2021
Fall 2021.................................March 1, 2021
Degree audits must be completed during the semester prior to your final semester where you plan to graduate. The purpose of the degree audit is to ensure that you will have completed all
coursework necessary to obtain your degree prior to your final scheduling session.
Appointments may be requested by contacting your Academic Advisor who will put you in touch with your Dean. Please provide your name, student ID number, catalog year, graduation term, and telephone number. All degree audit appointments, information, and updates will be communicated through your Pierpont email address.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Pierpont will not be holding an in-person graduation this semester. We are, however, having a virtual graduation on November 20th, 2020 at 6pm. Pierpont has partnered with StageClip to provide the best possible virtual graduation for our recent graduates. This virtual graduation event will honor graduates from Summer 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020, Summer 2020, and Fall 2020. Students will be encouraged to order and wear their cap and gowns during the virtual graduation event.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I order my cap and gown?
**DEADLINE TO ORDER: OCTOBER 16, 2020**
- Go to: herff.ly/pierpont
- Click on “Reserve a Cap and Gown”
- Choose your degree from the drop down box (choices are: Associates degree or Certificate of Applied Science), then click “Continue.”
- Click the “Continue” box again.
- Click the “Cap and Gown” green tab at the top menu.
- Complete student information in the box, then click “Add to Cart.”
- You will see the items in your cart (cap, gown and tassel).Click “Proceed to Cart.”
- Your Shopping Cart will pop up displaying your items (no charges will be incurred).
- Click “Proceed to Check Out.”
- Complete the “Ordered By” Information Form and click “Continue.”
- Review your Order Information, and click “Complete Order.”
When will I pick up my cap and gown?
- Caps and gowns will be available in the Locust Avenue Bound for Success Bookstore(located in the Falcon Center) about a week before commencement.
- You will receive an email to your student account when they are available.
Are there any fees for graduation?
- Currently, there are no fees associated with graduation. A late fee may be applied if you fail to order your cap and gown by the deadline. To help the College prepare for the ceremony, please abide by all published deadlines for applications, Reader’s Cards, etc.
What should I wear for the ceremony?
- Ceremony attire should be semi-formal. Caps and gowns are black. Dark slacks and shoes are recommended.
When will I receive my diploma?
- Your diploma will be mailed to your permanent mailing address about six weeks after the date of the ceremony or sooner if possible.
- If you are graduating in May, your diploma will be mailed by June 30.
- If you are graduating in August, your diploma will be mailed by September 1.
- If you are graduating in December, your diploma will be mailed by January 31.
How can I change my permanent mailing address?
- To verify your permanent address, log into ROAR and click on ‘Personal Information’ tab.
- If you need to change your address, you must complete an Address Change form in Student Services, 248 Hardway Hall, Locust Avenue Campus, Fairmont.
- This should be done at least one week prior to the mailing date to avoid lost or unclaimed diplomas.
- The form can be found at this link: https://www.pierpont.edu/sites/default/files/forms/Registrars_Office/Cha....
Are there accommodations for handicapped guests and graduates?
- Handicapped parking will be available to guests with a college issued pass or state issued handicapped car placard or license plate.
- For those without state issued placards, college passes may be requested in advance by graduates for their guests.
- Graduates may request reserved handicapped seating for guests. We will do our best to keep your party together, but please bear in mind that space is limited, and those
requiring special seating will be given preference.
- To reserve your space or pass in advance, please contact the Academic Affairs Office at AcademicAffairs@pierpont.edu.
For additional questions regarding Commencement, please contact the Academic Affairs Office at