Earn a Degree and Graduate Early
Complete a career pathways program at your high school or technical center and you could earn EDGE credit through Pierpont Community & Technical College. In fact, all West Virginia Career & Technical Centers provide classes that could allow you to earn free college credits.
Will EDGE help me?
If you earn EDGE credits and continue on the same pathway, then the classes you took in high school will count toward both high school and college! Many students can graduate college early and save money because of the courses they took in high school.
How do I transfer my credits?
After completing a CTE program at your high school, follow these steps to receive college credit for you classes:
- Request an EDGE transcript
- Send your complete high school transcript to Pierpont after graduation
- Apply and enroll as a student at Pierpont
Utilize the EDGE Scholarship:
- Fill out an application for the EDGE
- Deadline for the scholarship is April 1st
- Winners receive $1000 toward their first years’ tuition and fees
Current EDGE pathways include:
- Law and Public Safety
- Allied Health Science
- Pro-Start Restaurant Management
- Computer Systems Repair Technology
- Careers in Education
- Graphic Design